Served as an entrée or individually plated small side this delicious bacon and feta salad is a perfect addition to your meal.
You can swap out any of the ingredients to make this your own - just remember to add colour, crunch and drizzle of dressing.
It's so amazing how a piece of thin cucumber can create a perfect little 'bowl' to keep this salad compact and classy.
- 2 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 spring onion
- 1 telegraph cucumber
- Fry the streaky bacon until crispy, then drain on paper towel to soak up the excess fat.
- Chop half the bacon into small pieces and keep the rest in longer strips for garnishing.
- Mix the carrot, salad greens, chopped bacon, walnuts and spring onion together.
- Add the white wine vinaigrette and mix through.
- Peel the cucumber lengthwise into long ribbons.
- Shape a couple of the long ribbons into a ring shape and fill with the salad.
- Garnish with the extra bacon and crumble over some feta cheese.
This makes two portions.
White Wine Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Pinch of pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together.