If you're wanting a decent breakfast to start your day then this is the perfect combination!
With crispy strips of streaky bacon, golden fried breakfast sausages, baked beans, hash browns, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms, fried eggs and lightly toasted ciabatta bread - you're sure to feel satisfied.
When plated to perfection it will look amazing and taste even better.
Ingredients: (1 portion)
- 2 slices of toast per plate (I used a tiger skin loaf)
- 2 eggs, to fry, poach, scramble or boil
- 2 or 3 slices of streaky bacon
- 1 tomato, halved
- 2 mushrooms
- 2 hash browns
- 2 breakfast sausages
- 1/4 cup baked beans
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Lightly fry the tomato halves in a drizzle of oil. Put the cut side down first to give it a little colour. Then flip them over and season with salt and pepper and few fresh thyme leaves. Transfer to an oven safe tray.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan for a few minutes, flip and season with salt and pepper and a few thyme leaves. Add a splash of water and let them steam for a minute. Add to the tray with the tomatoes and put them into the oven.
- Put the hash browns onto an oven tray and bake until golden, flipping over half way through the cooking. (Alternatively, if you have a deep-fryer or toastie maker you can cook them in there).
- Put the streaky bacon strips onto an oven tray lined with tin foil. Put it into the oven.
- Fry the sausages until browned. Put them into the oven on the same tray as the bacon to finish cooking through.
- Fry the eggs in a little butter and oil. You can use egg rings if you want perfect circles. Don't forget to grease the rings so the egg doesn't stick. (Add a lid to the pan for a few minutes to cook the egg whites a little faster).
- Toast the bread and spread with butter as soon as it pops.
- Plate up, thinking about visual appeal... and don't forget to garnish!