Delight in the classic charm of this ham and cucumber tea sandwich.
Thinly sliced ham, paired with crisp cucumber, creates a delightful contrast of flavours and textures. Nestled between soft, fresh bread, it's a timeless favourite for afternoon tea or a light snack.
- Rye bread, cut into preferred shape
- Ricotta and basil pesto
- Sliced ham
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cut squares of rye bread using a cookie cutter as a guide to get them all the same size.
- Combine the ricotta and basil together to make a tasty spread.
- Spread or pipe onto the bread.
- Cut strips of ham the same width as the bread (use the same cookie cutter).
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half through the middle.
- Peel long strips of cucumber to create ribbons.
- Dab the cucumber on a piece of paper towel.
- Gently fold one strip of ham in a loose zigzag, do the same with one strip of cucumber, top with a cherry tomato half and then stick the skewer right through the centre.
- Put it onto the bread and tease out the layers a little.
- Top with some microgreens to finish it off.